Two Series of HPLC Columns From Hawach
Hawach is home to two series of HPLC columns-Xchroma series, whose columns have many types of stationary phases, with high quality; Echroma series which has fewer column types at a lower price.
Advantages of HPLC Columns
HPLC columns manufactured by Hawach Scientific are of some obvious advantages in retention, peak shape, and pressure. Through advanced technology and unique design, Hawach overcomes many pressure problems which are due to blockage in the system or guard, such as plugged packing, plugged frit, and column contamination. Besides, many peak shape issues caused by column void, partially plugged frit, or injection solvent effects are solved, and retention issues such as selectivity changes or retention time changes are also resolved. If you have any questions regarding column quality, or if there are signs of damage, contact us immediately.
1. High column efficiency and large peak capacity;
2. Excellent batch stability;
3. Chromatographic packing inlet, high purity, and good uniformity;
4. A variety of columns with a variety of specifications. For instance, there are many different types and series of C18 columns, such as:
EChroma series C18, B type high purity fully porous spherical silica gel: purity > 99.99%; the same bonding technology as XChroma, which can be well-matched with liquid phase instruments of the low-pressure system. Competitive price advantage brings benefits to price-sensitive customers.
The Xchroma C18 series is available in four types, each with a different focus, as described in the following:
C18-Aqueous: Hydrophilic column to increase your buffer salt ratio in the 100% aqueous phase to maximize peak shape.
The advantages of these columns are less sample required, less required mobile phase, high sensitivity, and easy temperature control. However, their requirements for the flow cell of the detector, the piping outside the column, the joints, the injection valve, etc. are greatly improved.
Selection of HPLC Columns
Hawach HPLC columns are available with a full range of types and sizes such as standard series C18, Amino Acid, HILIC Amide, CN, C30, Diol, C8/C18 Low pH and Reversed-Phase series, and so on.
All these columns are endowed with high column efficiency, low pressure, and good corrosion tolerance for longer service time. Some suggestions on the selection of columns are as follows, C18 Alkaline HPLC Columns are fit for the separation of alkaloids ingredients from Chinese medicine, C1 HPLC Columns are suitable for the separation of proteins samples and hydrophobic polypeptides in reverse phase, Amino Acid HPLC Columns can apply to applications like Bio-pharmaceutical, Proteins, Cell Culture Media, and Feeds and so on.
Hawach also provides a guard column. HPLC columns are prone to clogging and damage, so some laboratories choose to use a guard column in front of the HPLC column to extend the life; the guard column typically includes ferrule + column core + peek tube + peek connector.
HPLC Column with Different Packings
The HPLC column (separation column) is one of the most important components. According to the different packed materials, it can be divided into three types: reversed-phase column, normal phase column, and other columns, which are briefly described below.
(1) Reversed-phase chromatography column: It is the most used one of the columns; generally accounts for about 75%; among them, the C18 column accounts for about 65%; the C8 column accounts for about 15%; phenyl column <5%. Reversed-phase chromatography is currently the most widely used HPLC method. C18 is the most widely used in reversed-phase chromatography, probably more than half.
(2) Normal phase chromatography column: it is also often used, accounting for about 20%. The normal-phase HPLC column (NP-HPLC column) is used for normal-phase liquid chromatography, which is the earliest chromatographic mode. In theory, almost all organic compounds dissolved in n-hexane, ethyl acetate, or isopropanol could be analyzed in the NP-HPLC column.
(3) Other columns (chiral column, ion exchange column): About 10%.
When using the column, operators need to pay special attention, or it may reduce the efficiency of the column, shorten the life of the column, or even damage the column.
The aqueous HPLC column is used for the aqueous liquid chromatography, which is a mode of operation between the normal phase and the reversed-phase HPLC. It has become a popular mode of operation for chromatograms, due to its good retention of hydrophilic compounds. It is well applied in the LC-MS/MS analysis.