Description of Polar-RP HPLC Columns
The traditional polar-embedded reverse-phase(RP) HPLC column is to bond the aminoamide group to the surface of the silica gel. This bonding method causes residual amino groups on the surface of the silica gel. The residual amino group exhibits a basic character, and when an acidic substance such as an organic acid is analyzed, a peak tail is caused.
With a unique bonding process, Hawach Polar-RP HPLC columns solve the problem of amino residue on the surface of traditionally processed silica gel, and adopts double tailing technology to obtain an excellent symmetrical peak shape.
Features of Polar-RP HPLC Columns
1. Unique selectivity different from ordinary RP C18 columns or C8 columns, especially when measuring polar substances such as phenols
2. 100% water can be used as mobile phase, better water column than C18-Aqueous column
3. Excellent peak shape when measuring polar and alkaline substances
4. Better retention and selectivity for polar substances
Polar-RP HPLC Columns Technical Parameters
Particle size: 1.8μm, 3μm, 5μm, 10μm
Aperture: 120Å, 300Å
Specific surface area: 120Å–320m²/g, 300Å–90m²/g
Carbon loading: 18%
pH range: 1.5-10.0
Whether to seal: Yes
New column activation
Rinse with 80% methanol 0.5ml/min for 4 hours, then change to analyze mobile phase equilibrium; if mobile phase
Contains buffer salts, please use the transitional mobile phase transition and then analyze the mobile phase balance;
- It is recommended to filter the sample and mobile phase before testing;
- It is recommended to clean the samples in time after completing the samples;
- Routine testing, after the test, the column is directly connected by 90% organic phase washing 45min, and finally
The use of buffer salt conditions:
- Isocratic conditions: before and after using the buffer salt, the transition mobile phase is used to rinse at an analytical flow rate for 45 min;
- Gradient conditions: use the same transition phase as the initial mobile phase before buffer salt to analyze the flow rate
Rinse for 45 minutes;
Note: The transition mobile phase means that the organic phase and the water phase are in the same ratio as the analytical mobile phase, but do not contain
- After rinsing the buffer salt, rinse with 90% organic reverse for 60 min, and finally save;
Note: The buffered saline solution cannot remain in the column overnight;
The preservation of the column
- Preservation of the column in a short time
If the time interval is less than four days, save it in the last organic solvent water.
- Preservation of long-term columns
If the column is not used for a long time, it is finally rinsed with 80% methanol-water for 45 minutes at the analytical flow rate, removed from the HPLC instrument, and sealed with a plastic plug to avoid solvent evaporation in the column.