Description of Universal C8 Column
The Hawach universal HPLC C8 column is based on ultra-pure silica gel for a thorough double-end bonding process.
The C8 column has classical reverse-phase retention and selectivity that is slightly less than the C18 column retention capacity and is therefore recommended for separation on highly hydrophobic compounds and LC/MS instruments. C8 requires less analysis time than C18 when neutralizing neutral or other compounds with strong retention under the same chromatographic conditions.
- A liquid phase analytical column with a slightly weaker retention capacity than C18;
- Wide pH tolerance range: 1.5-10;
- Peak shape, super high efficiency.
Universal C8 Column Parameters
- Non-polar HPLC column
- Bonded phase: C8 (USP L7)
- Particle size: 3μm, 5μm, 10μm
- Aperture: 120Å
- Specific surface area: 320m²/g (120Å)
- Carbon loading: 12% (120Å)
- Sealing: Double tailing
- pH: value stability 1.5-10.0
The C8 HPLC column is more suitable for analyzing macromolecular substances, such as some globulins, etc., which are used in conjunction with C8 and a buffer salt eluent.
New column activation
Rinsing with 80% methanol 0.5ml/min for 4 hours, then change the liquid to analyze the flow phase balance;
If the mobile phase contains buffer salts, please use the transitional mobile phase transition and then analyze the mobile phase balance.