Description of C18 Alkaline HPLC Columns
The C18 Alkaline HPLC columns are a new generation of different selective C18 developed by Hawach. It has hydrophobic interaction and electrostatic interaction. It has a hydrophilic group embedded in it to make it hydrophilic. The hydrophilic group replaces a large amount of silicon.
This HPLC column is widely used for basic compounds. The alcohol-based site can effectively prevent the interaction between the alkaloid and the silanol group, and the alkaline substance has a good peak shape.
Characteristics of C18 Alkaline HPLC Columns
- Octadecylsilyl silica gel HPLC column
- Relatively weaker polarity than C8 HPLC column
- The peak shape of the alkaline substance is better, and the material having a poor peak shape on the conventional double-sealed C18 has a better peak shape;
- The rapid separation of similar samples by the mobile phase is hydrophilic, and the mobile phase of the high water ratio can be used, which is extremely stable.
- Bonded phase: C18 (USP L1)
- Particle size: 3μm, 5μm
- Aperture: 120Å
- Specific surface area: 320m²/g (120Å)
- Carbon loading: 12% (120Å)
- Sealing: Double tailing
- pH stability: 1.5-10.0