Matters Needing Attention of C8 HPLC Columns
C8 HPLC columns are the most widely used technique in high-performance liquid chromatography, mainly because it is suitable for the analysis of a large number of non-polar substances and many ionizable and ionic compounds.
C8 HPLC columns are a kind of chromatographic mode established by hydrophobic effect between surfaces of solute flows, polar and non-polar stationary phase.
The maintenance of C8 HPLC columns
1. Avoid sharp changes in pressure and temperature and any mechanical vibration.
2. The composition of the solvent should be changed gradually.
3. The suitable mobile phase is selected to avoid the destruction of the stationary phase.
4. C8 HPLC columns cannot be recoiled. Only the producer indicates that the column can be recoiled.
5. Wash column frequently with strong solvent to remove impurities retained in column.
Matters needing attention of C8 HPLC columns
1. When loading, unloading and replacing the columns, the action should be light and the joint should be tightened moderately.
2. Avoid injecting matrix complex samples, especially biological samples, directly into the column.
3. Column should be filled with acetonitrile or methanol and column joints should be tightened to prevent drying solvent volatilization.